Thursday, July 12, 2012

Attempting to do what they call "Painting"

Celery Sprig is the color I fell in love with. Didn't know what theme I was going for but I knew I wanted Blue to be my secondary color. After hours on Behr.com I decided to go with the professionals and give in to a Bliss Blue that the website kept throwing at me. I LOVE IT! Here's what I learned:

  • Make sure you have enough painters tape! I ran out and edging took way longer that it should have.
  • Tape, Roll, then edge. I taped then edged not realizing that I could have made my edges a couple inches thick rather than 8 inches thick...haha. The roller goes closer to the edge than you think. This would have saved me hours of fun
  • Behr is definitely the way to go. I didn't even need a second coat. 

When complete I searched on pinterest for blue and green to see if I could get a couple of ideas on decorating. I LOVE PINTEREST! There I found that the colors I chose were perfect for a Key West theme.

2 comments:

  1. I have a "green room" as a spare room in our house and its my favorite room. Its like a lettuce green. Beautiful choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love green! I really love a nice turquoise too but this shade of green just captivated me.

    ReplyDelete